Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Western Australia - Organisation
Albany Group Home (1978? - )
- Cottage Care, Government-run, Home and Temporary Care
The Albany Group Home was a government-run facility established in Albany around 1978. It operated for an unknown period, with some possible closures and re-openings. In 1996, the Albany Group Home provided emergency, short term and medium term accommodation for school aged children. It had closed by 2013.
- Children in Institutional and Other Forms of Care: a national perspective - Report of the Senate Standing Committee on Social Welfare, Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, June 1985. Details
- McCotter, Denzil and Western Australia Department for Community Welfare, Children in limbo, Department for Community Welfare, Western Australia, 1981. Details
- Information Services, Department for Community Development, Signposts: A Guide for Children and Young People in Care in WA from 1920, Government of Western Australia, 2004, http://signposts.cpfs.wa.gov.au/pdf/pdf.aspx. Details
- Parliament of Australia Senate, Forgotten Australians: A report on Australians who experienced institutional or out-of-home care as children, Senate Community Affairs References Committee, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/completed_inquiries/2004-07/inst_care/report/index.htm. Details
- Senate Community Affairs References Committee Secretariat, Parliament of Australia, Lost Innocents and Forgotten Australians Revisited: Report on the progress with the implementation of the recommendations of the Lost Innocents and Forgotten Australians Reports, Parliament of Australia website, Commonwealth of Australia, 25 June 2009, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/2008-10/recs_lost_innocents_forgotten_aust_rpts/report/index. Details
- Senate Standing Committees on Community Affairs, 'Protecting vulnerable children: a national challenge', in Inquiry into Children in Institutional Care (2003 - 2004), Commonwealth of Australia, 17 March 2005, http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Community_Affairs/completed_inquiries/2004-07/inst_care/report2/index.htm. Details
Sources used to compile this entry: Information Services, Department for Community Development, Signposts: A Guide for Children and Young People in Care in WA from 1920, Government of Western Australia, 2004, http://signposts.cpfs.wa.gov.au/pdf/pdf.aspx.
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 15 March 2011, Last modified: 7 November 2018