John Frewer House was established in 1968 to replace Forrest Lodge. It provided residential accommodation for boys attending high school in Geraldton. John Frewer House was managed by Geraldton Protestant Children's Homes Inc on behalf of the Country High School Hostels Authority. In 1981, the manager of John Frewer House was appointed to manage both Dellahale and John Frewer House. John Frewer House (boys) and and Dellahale House (girls) were separated by the grounds of Geraldton Senior High School. John Frewer House closed as a residential facility in 2001, reopening in 2002 as the Geraldton Residential College on the Dellahale House site.
It was common for the Country High School Hostels Authority hostels to have an annual 'jamboree' and this was held at Geraldton in 1988.
1939 - 1968 Forrest Lodge
1968 - 2001 John Frewer House
2002 - Geraldton Residential College
Sources used to compile this entry: Geraldton Residential College, Information and Code of Conduct Book 2013, Country High School Hostels Authority, 2012, http://web.archive.org/web/20140126231320/http://www.geraldtonresidential.com.au/wp-content/uploads/GeraldtonResidentialCollegeHandbook.pdf. p.4..
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 12 March 2013, Last modified: 12 November 2018