Hillston Point Walter Annexe operated from around 1958. It was located at the Point Walter Migration Reception Centre. The Annexe was intended to provide a place where 'trusted boys were sent for a trial period prior to their return to civil life'. The Hillston Point Walter Annexe closed around 1984.
Sources used to compile this entry: Peterkin, A. Roy, The Noisy Mansions : the story of Swanleigh 1868-1971, Perth Diocesan Trustees, Anglican Church of Australia, Midland, Western Australia, 1986. p.149.; Western Australia. Child Welfare Department, Annual Report of the Child Welfare Department, Child Welfare Department, Perth [W.A.], 1928-1972. Year ended 30 June 1959 p.4.; State Records Office Western Australia, 'Unusual Occurrences' Series 3172 Cons 1031 Item 1955/1385 v2.
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 18 March 2013, Last modified: 12 November 2018