Anglican Diocese of Perth
'Hillston - Minutes of the Diocesan Trustees [excerpt]' refers to the transfer of land held by the Anglican Church, and used for Padbury Farm School, to the Crown. This was the land used for the government-run detention facility, Hillston.
'Hillston - Minutes of the Diocesan Trustees' is an excerpt from the Diocesan Trustees Minute Book 1953 - 1960 Number 15, p.190, as follows:
This land was transferred from the Diocesan Trustees of the Anglican Church in Perth to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd on the 27th of June 1958. Approximately 360 acres, it had formerly been where Padburys Boys Farm School had been located and became Hillston. All that piece of land being portion Swan Location 12 and 1310 being Lot 83 on Diagram 23544 Certificate Title Volume 1097 Folio 862. (p.190)
While access to records is restricted to protect the privacy of individuals, you are encouraged to enquire.
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 30 July 2013, Last modified: 28 January 2015