St Peter's Boys' School, Fremantle, was used as a temporary children's Home in 1903 by the Sisters of the Church, an Anglican religious order. It accommodated around 13 boys aged 6-10 years and babies aged under two years. These children had been transferred from Perth College. From May to July 1903, the children were transferred to the Waif's Home, Parkerville and St Peter's Boys' Home, Fremantle closed.
1903 St Peter's Boys' School, Fremantle
1903 - 1909 Waif's Home, Parkerville
1909 - 2005 Parkerville Children's Home
2005 - Parkerville Children and Youth Care (Inc)
Sources used to compile this entry: Whittington, Vera, Sister Kate: a life dedicated to children in need of care, University of Western Australia Press, Nedlands, Western Australia, 1999. pp.78, 83..
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 19 November 2014, Last modified: 23 December 2014