Child Migrants Trust (CMT)

The Child Migrants Trust has offices in Melbourne and in Perth and provides a range of social work services to former British child migrants all over Australia, including counselling and support with family reunions. The Child Migrants Trust also provides help with information, advice and family research to former British child migrants and their families. The Child Migrants Trust is an international organisation with offices in Australia and the UK, and works with former child migrants living in Australia and other countries.

Telephone: 1800 04 05 09
Website: (a contact form is provided on the website).

Link-Up services

Link-Up services around Australia provide services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people affected by past government policies relating to the removal of children. This page on the AIATSIS website has information about different Link-Up services around Australia and the services they provide.

Support services for people affected by child sexual abuse

The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse’s website has a comprehensive list of support services around Australia.

Support services for people affected by past forced adoption policies and practices

The Australian Government Department of Social Services (DSS) funds seven organisations to provide coordinated specialist support services across Australia for people affected by past forced adoption policies and practices. The DSS website has a list of support services and other relevant information.

Telephone: 1800 21 03 13 to contact a Forced Adoption Support Service in your state or territory.

Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN)

The Care Leavers Australasia Network (CLAN) offers support to individuals who have been a State Ward, Home child or foster child in Australia, or whose parents or other family members have had this experience. CLAN can help you to obtain your ward file or get information about your Home and you may advertise at no cost in the newsletter to help locate lost family members, or people you remember from your Home and would like to contact.

Telephone: 1800 008 774

Tuart Place

Tuart Place is a resource service for people who have been in out of home care in Western Australia. It is located in Fremantle, Western Australia.

Tuart Place provides a range of services including counselling and support groups; help with the National Redress Scheme and other abuse claims; phone outreach; a drop-in centre; supported access to records and family tracing; computer and IT assistance; and social activities.

Telephone: 08 6140 2380 or Freecall 1800 619 795
Address: 24 High Street, Fremantle WA 6160

Out of hours help

If you need urgent help, Lifeline operates a 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14 (freecall).