Photographs of Scheyville Training Farm are a series of photographs that show views of the Training Farm. They include photographs of the interiors and exteriors of buildings, an architect's perspective sketch dated 1928 and farm workers engaged in agricultural and livestock related activities.
These photos have been digitised and are available for viewing through Photo Investigator on the State Records Authority of New South Wales Website.
Most of the photographs in this series are pasted into a small album. They appear to have been taken at various times to illustrate the extent of the property, its environment, the training programs offered, the lifestyle of the young men while in training, building work (which may be the alterations to the property in 1929) , and possibly the dilapidated state of the property when it was returned to the state government after World War II.
The photographs show views of the Training Farm, interiors and exteriors of buildings, an architect's perspective sketch dated 1928 and farm workers engaged in agricultural and livestock related activities. There are no captions, therefore none of the farm workers are identified by name, and the buildings are not identified but may possibly include immigrants recruited under the Dreadnought Scheme and other British migration schemes. Most of the photographs are undated.
Included in the album is a photograph of an architectural sketch of Scheyville Training Farm by B.Wilshire, Designing Architect in Charge, dated 1926, and photographs of buildings under construction, possibly the new block of buildings commenced in February 1929.
Also included are two loose photographs of Cooper Park, dated 23 June 1936.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 10 August 2011, Last modified: 2 December 2014