Croagh Patrick Orphanage
This Series of records was created by Croagh Patrick Orphanage, Orange (Boys' Home). The Series is made up of one volume covering 1929 to 1948 and contains handwritten entries in alphabetical index format of children admitted to the Orphanage during that period. Information given is mostly only name and year of admission.
Application for access must be made, in writing, to the Archivist, providing personal identification documents to establish the right to access information. Physical access to the records is not permitted due to their fragility and the need to protect the confidentiality of information concerning other persons. Information will be forwarded by mail.
The Record Books are managed by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG). ISMAPNG formed out of the consolidation of 14 of the 17 congregations of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy in Australia, and from the region of Papua New Guinea. This included the Bathurst Congregation, which ran the Croagh Patrick Orphanage from 1969 until it closed down in 1982. Prior to 1969, the Croagh Patrick Orphanage was run by the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul, and was known as the Croagh Patrick Home.
Sources used to compile this entry: Document received from ISMAPNG Archives in June 2013, 'Information for Find & Connect Website - Records Access Documentation Project, ISMAPNG Archives, Bathurst'. Email from Lachie Douglas (Lanterns) on 3 November 2016.
Prepared by: Elizabeth Daniels
Created: 31 October 2013, Last modified: 18 November 2016