The Society for the Care of Crippled Children was an autonomous branch of the Tasmanian Society for the Care of Crippled Children. It formed in December 1937 to provide services to people affected by the polio epidemic and living in the north of Tasmania. It raised enough funds to buy the premises for St Giles' Home for Crippled Children.
Prepared by: Caroline Evans
Created: 29 February 2012, Last modified: 17 March 2014