Browse Categories - N
List of Categories
- Non Government Organisation
- Non-Government Organisation, or NGO, is a broad term for charities, not-for-profit agencies and religious organisations which provide services to the community, including services to support families and out-of-home 'care' programs. It is commonly used in New South Wales. In some states and territories, including Victoria, such organisations are known as Community Service Organisations, or CSOs. Although separate from government, and independent, many of these organisations perform work for the government and some depend on government funding to survive.
- Overseas Children's Reception Committee (1940 - c. 1946)
- The term Non-denominational describes organisations without any specific religious affiliation. (although, particularly in the nineteenth century, such organisations were usually identified with Protestant denominations and Catholic children were unlikely to be placed in these institutions).
- Hagley Farm School (1936 - 1976?)
- Hobart Girls' Industrial School (1862 - 1945)
- Kennerley Boys' Home (1869 - 1969)
- Launceston Girls' Industrial School (1877 - 1921)
- Northern Tasmanian Home for Boys (1921 - 1973)
- Talire School (1950 - 1980?)
- Tresca (c. 1958 - 1976)