Murray Vale was the second purpose-built home constructed by the UPA and used a similar plan to the Sunnylands. Murray Vale was opened by Thomas Agst, the founder of the United Protestant Association, on 12 April 1958.
The United Protestant Association's Ladies Auxiliary opened an op shop to raise funds for the girl's home in 1959, which still survives.
The Girls' Home Recreational Shed was reconstructed while the home was still in operation and reopened and named Lionel Heffner Recreational Room in 1982.
Murray Vale was converted to Shalem 1, a Dementia Home, in 1985. It was then demolished and replaced with a purpose-built dementia unit, part of the Murrayvale Complex.
We do not currently have any photographs linked to this entry. If you know of any additional photographs, please contact us.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.
04 June 2020
Cite this: https://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE00393
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License