The Lutheran Girls' Hostel was opened at Trinity Street, College Park, on 6 September 1959. It was run by the Lutheran Church as a hostel for country girls who came to the city to study or work. A solid stone and brick building with eleven rooms the home had three rooms ready for 16 girls when it opened. An additional building was added and opened in 1963 making room for up to 38 girls. Girls ate meals together, attended evening devotions after tea and were expected to attend church on Sundays. Fall in demand brought financial problems which led to the closure of the Hostel in the early 1980s.
We do not currently have any records linked to this entry. If you know of any additional records, please contact us.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.
25 October 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/sa/SE00235
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License