Robertson was opened as part of the Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes in January 1919 at North Parramatta. It was originally a boys' home, with a capacity for 30-40 children. It remained a cottage home until 1977 when it was converted to administration offices.
Robertson, like all the Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes for Children, was evacuated during World War II. Robertson served as accommodation for Australian Army Officers.
Robertson, along with Ivanhoe, Sargood Hall, Blackwood, Son of the Rock and Reid were leased by Redeemer Baptist School in 1986 then sold to the school in 1994.
Sources used to compile this entry: Robertson [Document], Date: c. 2013; Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 17 March 2011, Last modified: 9 January 2019