Lincluden was opened as part of the Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes on 16 February 1931 at North Parramatta. It had been the home of Sir James Burn, founder of Burnside, and had been known as 'Gowan Brae'. Lincluden was a girls' home until 1952 then was staff quarters until 1962 when it was used as respite care for children whose mothers were in hospital. It was closed and sold in 1989.
Lincluden, along with the other Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes for Children, was evacuated for the duration of World War II. Lincluden served as Officer's Mess for Australian Army.
Sources used to compile this entry: Lincluden [Document], Date: c. 2013; Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 17 March 2011, Last modified: 9 January 2019