Ross was opened as part of the Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes in 1935 at North Parramatta. It was a boys' home. It remained a cottage home until it was briefly converted to a therapeutic unit for emotionally disturbed children. Ross, along with the other Burnside Presbyterian Orphan Homes for Children, was evacuated during World War II. It was closed in 1985 and sold to the Uniting Church to be used as part of their Theological Training Centre.
Sources used to compile this entry: Ross [Document], Date: c. 2013; Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 17 March 2011, Last modified: 9 January 2019