Rathmore was a children's home established by the United Protestant Association of New South Wales in 1943. It housed children under the age of seven and was located next to Rathgar, the first head office of the United Protestant Association. Rathmore closed in 1948.
In 1948 Rathmore was closed and converted to the District Office and residence of the District Manager of the United Protestant Association.
Sources used to compile this entry: Agst, Thomas Urich [with Robert J Martin], The UPA Story, United Protestant Association of NSW Ltd, Wahroonga, n.d., 67 pp; Thinee, Kristy and Bradford, Tracy, Connecting Kin: Guide to Records, A guide to help people separated from their families search for their records [completed in 1998], New South Wales Department of Community Services, Sydney, New South Wales, 1998, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/files/2011/02/connectkin_guide1.pdf.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 22 March 2011, Last modified: 30 August 2013