The Probationary Farm Home, Branxton was established in the 1890s by the State Children's Relief Board. It was a home for boys who were defined as being too 'vicious' or 'too old' to be kept at the Mittagong Cottage Homes, or in the boarding out system. Probationary Farm Home, Branxton closed around 1915.
Rather than being placed in a traditional institution, boys were sent to private individuals, farmers, who were paid ten shillings a week per boy.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 22 November 2012, Last modified: 28 August 2013