Dundas Boys' Home, at Dundas, was opened by the Churches of Christ in 1930. It was intended to house 21 boys, but by 1932 there were 31 boys in residence.
Dundas Boys' Home, at Dundas, was opened by the Churches of Christ on 1 November 1930. Frederick Stewart presided over the ceremony. It was the first children's home run by the Churches of Christ.
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Boys Home Opened', Sydney Morning Herald, 3 November 1930, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/16727559; Arrowsmith, HM, 'Churches of Christ. Annual Conference.', The Sydney Morning Herald, 4 June 1933, http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/85763190; Homes and Orphanages Listings, Care Leavers Australia Network (CLAN), https://web.archive.org/web/20180421161802/http://www.clan.org.au/homes/all/.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 26 April 2013, Last modified: 30 August 2013