Pallister Young People's Unit and Special School was established in 1977 by the Church of England Deaconess Institution at Pallister House, in the grounds of Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich. The building, also known as Standish, had previously been a girls' home known as Pallister House or Lisgar Trust. It closed in 1981.
1914 - 1929 Lisgar Children's Home
1929 - 1936 Deaconess Children's Home, Strathfield
1936 - 1977 Pallister Church of England Girls' Home
1977 - 1981 Pallister Young People's Unit and Special School
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Anglican Deaconess Ministries History', Anglican Deaconess Ministries Ltd, 2009, http://web.archive.org/web/20140225231547/http://www.deaconessministries.org.au/history/history; 'Other Ministries Begun By Sydney Anglican Deaconesses', http://web.archive.org/web/20140309214733/http://www.deaconessministries.org.au/history/other-ministries.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 23 August 2013, Last modified: 10 March 2014