In 1868, the Victorian government established an Industrial School within the grounds of the Bendigo (or Sandhurst) Benevolent Asylum. 'Neglected' children had been housed at the Asylum since it was founded in 1860.The Asylum closed in 1885.
A copy of the Bendigo Benevolent Asylum Industrial School Children's Register 1868 - 1885 is held at the Bendigo Family History Library.
Annual reports of the Benevolent Asylum's Committee of Management are in the State Library of Victoria.
Prepared by: Cate O'Neill
Created: 5 June 2009, Last modified: 30 October 2018