Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Victoria - Organisation
Sutton Grange (1957 - 1977)
Mornington, Sutton Grange, Tanti Avenue, 1983, by John T. Collins
- Children's Home, Government-run and Home
Sutton Grange in Mornington was established by the Victorian Government in 1957. The Home accommodated wards of the state in sibling groups. By 1962 it accommodated 30 children: girls from 4 to 17 and boys from 4 to 8 years of age. The children attended local schools. Sutton Grange was closed in September 1977.
- 'It's Just Like Home, Matron's a Mother', The Herald, 21 May 1958, p. 21. Details
- 'Sutton Grange Children's Home (1957-77)', in Finding Records, Department of Health and Human Services, State of Victoria, https://www.findingrecords.dhhs.vic.gov.au/collectionresultspage/Sutton-Grange-Childrens-Home. See the 'List of records held by the department' section for information about records relating to Sutton Grange. Details
- James Jenkinson Consulting, Guide to out-of-home care services 1940-2000 - Volume One: Agency Descriptions, Department of Human Services, Unpublished, November 2001, https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/DHS.3004.011.0367.pdf. Details
- Victoria. Children's Welfare Department, Report of the Director for the Year 1959, Victorian Government, Melbourne, 1960, 37 pp, http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/papers/govpub/VPARL1960-61No10.pdf. Details
- Victoria. Children's Welfare Department, Annual Report for the Year 1960, Victorian Government, Melbourne, 1961, 33 pp, http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/papers/govpub/VPARL1961-62No3.pdf. Details
- Play time, 'Sutton Grange'
- At "Sutton Grange", Mornington
- Mornington, Sutton Grange, Tanti Avenue
- John T. Collins