The Ballarat Probationary School for Boys opened in August 1890 at Alfredton (Ballarat) to house boys who had not succeeded in boarding out placements. It was managed by the Ballarat Boys' Reformatory, but it was on a different site.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department for Neglected Children and Reformatory Schools. Report of the Secretary., Government Printer, Melbourne, 1888 - 1924.
Prepared by: Rosemary Francis
Created: 26 July 2013, Last modified: 27 July 2015