Halls Creek Mission was run by the Australian Inland Mission from 1943. Children at the Mission were under the guardianship of the heads of the departments responsible for Aboriginal welfare. In 1955, some people from Moola Bulla Station moved the Mission when the Station closed. Halls Creek Mission closed in 1960.
Halls Creek Mission was converted to the government-run Charles Perkins Hostel by 1962.
Sources used to compile this entry: Longworth, Alison, Was it worthwhile?, An historical analysis of five women missionaries and their encounters with the Nyungar people of south-west Australia, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia, 2005, http://researchrepository.murdoch.edu.au/163/2/02Whole.pdf. pp.298-299.; State Solicitor's Office of Western Australia, 'pp.57, 88', Guide to Institutions Attended by Aboriginal People in Western Australia, Government of Western Australia, 2005, http://web.archive.org/web/20140126131607/http://www.dpc.wa.gov.au/lantu/MediaPublications/Documents/Guide-to-Institutions-attended-by-Aboriginal-people-in-WA-2005.pdf.
Prepared by: Debra Rosser
Created: 12 December 2013, Last modified: 12 September 2014