• Organisation

Antonian Institute for Children

Details

The Antonian Institute for Children, Richmond, was established in 1959 to cater for children from families of Italian origin, including state wards. The Home’s name was changed to the Antonian Children’s Home in 1966.

The Antonian Institute for Children was established at 311 Church Street, Richmond in 1959.

In January 1960, the Antonian Institute for Children was declared an approved children’s home under the Children’s Welfare Act 1958. The Home’s name was changed in 1966, to the Antonian Children’s Home. It closed in 1979.

It is now known as the Madre Nazarena Students’ House.

In 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services took custody of records relating to Antonian Children’s Home and the Antonian Institute for Children.

  • From

    1959

  • To

    1966

Locations

  • 1959 - 1966

    The Antonian Children's Home was established at 311 Church Street, Richmond, Victoria (Building Still standing)

Chronology

Image

Contact Find & Connect

Save page