• Organisation

Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield

Details

Industrial School for Girls, in Clayfield, was operated by the Anglican Society of the Sacred Advent. It opened in 1903 and closed on 21 October 1920.

The Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield was first established in a rented house called ‘Arthurton’, on Wagner Road, Clayfield. In 1911 it moved to premises on the corner of London Road and Boston Street, Clayfield.

The children under 14 years attended the school run by the Sisters, while those over 14 were trained in domestic duties.

The Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield was established in 1903 under the lndustrial and Reformatory Schools Act1865 and licensed under the State Children Act1911 on 31 December 1911.

The Diocese of Brisbane (Anglican Church of Australia) has advised they do not have any records in relation to the Industrial School for Girls, Clayfield.

  • From

    1903

  • To

    1920

Locations

  • 1903 - 1911

    The Industrial School for Girls was situated at Wagner Street, Clayfield, Queensland (Building Unknown)

  • 1911 - 1920

    The Industrial School for Girls was situated cnr London Road and Boston Steet, Clayfield, Queensland (Building Demolished)

Contact Find & Connect

Save page