• Organisation

Salvation Army Maternity Home, Charters Towers

Details

The Salvation Army Maternity Home opened at Charters Towers in September 1898. It was located in a large house owned by Mr Tubbs on Gordon Street, at Richmond Hill. It had capcity for 7 women and 9 babies. Women staying at the home were expected to do sewing work to help supplement the home’s income. In 1900 the Home moved to Oxford Street, Charters Towers. It closed in 1903.

  • From

    1898

  • To

    1903

Locations

  • 1900 - 1903

    The Salvation Army Maternity Home was located at Oxford Street, Charters Towers, Queensland (Building Unknown)

  • 1989 - 1900

    The Salvation Army Maternity Home was located at Gordon Street, Richmond Hill (Charters Towers), Queensland (Building Unknown)

Contact Find & Connect

Save page