The name Roslyn Hall appears to have come into being around 1911, possibly because the Society for Providing Homes for Neglected Children expanded and acquired the property next door to the original Rockdale Babies Home. It became part of a complex of babies and children's homes that operated on this site until the 1970s.
In 1921, Rockdale Babies Home and Roslyn Hall Babies Home were granted 5 shillings per week for every orphan in their care by the NSW Government.
In the 1970s, as society changed and out of home care for children declined, the Society for Providing Homes for Neglected Children and the Sydney Rescue Work Society decided to develop other methods of caring for children. They wound down their other activities and converted their properties to long day care, preschool and family day care services.
In 2011 this building was part of Integricare Children's Centre, Rockdale, along with 85 Cameron Street and provides a long day care service, with a Christian focus.
We do not currently have any photographs linked to this entry. If you know of any additional photographs, please contact us.
The Find & Connect Support Service can help people who lived in orphanages and children's institutions look for their records.
03 January 2019
Cite this: https://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE00373
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License