In 1921, Lisgar Children's Home was granted 5 shillings per week for every orphan in its care by the NSW Government. This allowance was extended to a range of private institutions that cared for children.
Win Evans writes that when the decision was made to move the home to Strathfield, the boys in Lisgar were sent to Charlton or Milleewa. The new home was named after a Deaconess called Miss Pallister.
In 2011 the premises are an aged care home, and have been used for that purpose since the 1990s.
06 June 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE01048
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License