'Agincourt' had been built in 1891 by John Paul, a ship's chandler, and owned by pharmacist Washington H. Soul from 1903 until his death in 1927. It was then acquired by the Church of England Deaconess Institution.
Win Evans recalls that Agincourt was renamed Pallister after a former Deaconess in charge of Deaconess Children's Homes.
Anglican Deaconess Ministries Ltd, which is the modern name for the Church of England Deaconess Institution, holds annual reports of Pallister, and some group photographs of children who lived in the homes.
In 2011 the Agincourt site was used by the Jesmond Nursing Home.
06 June 2018
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE01076
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License