Dunmore House was opened as a boys' home by Thomas E. Rofe, conference president of the Churches of Christ, on 5 April 1936. Dunmore House was also the name for the historic house that located the boys' home, and dates from the 1880s.
In 1977 the boys were moved out of Dunmore House and into family group homes. Dunmore House then became a hostel for working boys and students from the country until the early 1980s, from which point the house was used as a private Baptist school.
03 March 2020
Cite this: https://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/nsw/NE01217
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License