The Industrial School was established and licensed in 1904 under the lndustrial and Reformatory School Act 1865. Subsequently it was licensed under the State Children Act 1911 on 31 December 1911.
The Industrial School was a large dormitory-style facility. Like the other denominational institutions for juvenile offending girls, it had a laundry 'for the instruction of the girls', which was a major source of income.
21 July 2023
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/qld/QE00638
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License