Seaforth Toddlers' Home, Gosnells, was established in 1945 by the Salvation Army. On 26 June 1945, a couple were appointed to manage the Toddlers' Home and in July and August of that year, the former Seaforth Salvation Army Girls' Home was renovated to accommodate boys aged 2 to 6 years. It was officially opened by Commissioner WR Dalziel, Territorial Commander, on 1 September 1945. The Toddlers' Home was part of the Seaforth estate - located on the same site as the Seaforth Boys' Home and Seaforth Salvation Army Boys' Reformatory.
In 1946, there were 22 admissions to the Home. The annual report of the Child Welfare Department in 1946 described the Toddlers' Home as a place that was licensed to accommodate children under six years of age who were 'not on subsidy'. This may mean that all children were 'private children', admitted by family rather than through the government system.
Seaforth Toddlers' Home closed on 31 November 1946 and became the Eventide Home, an aged care facility.
30 March 2021
Cite this: http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/guide/wa/WE00206
First published by the Find & Connect Web Resource Project for the Commonwealth of Australia, 2011
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License