Brush Farm Infants' Home was opened by the Child Welfare Department in 1968. It was at Brush Farm at Eastwood in the Dundas Valley, next to Brush Farm Home. It accommodated 40 infants of both sexes and sometimes older children as well. Brush Farm Infants' Home closed in 1988.
On 8 November 1968 Brush Farm Infants' Home was opened by the Child Welfare Department. It was closed in 1988 when Brush Farm House was transferred to the Department of Corrective Services.
Sources used to compile this entry: Child Welfare Department, Annual Report: Child Welfare Department of New South Wales, New South Wales government, 1923-1970. Also available at https://www.opengov.nsw.gov.au/main.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 10 April 2012, Last modified: 21 July 2015