Dunmore Boys' Home at Pendle Hill was run by the Churches of Christ as a boys' home from 1936 until some time in the 1990s.
It was opened as a boys' home by Thomas E. Rofe, conference president of the Churches of Christ, on 5 April 1936.
Dunmore House was also the name for the historic house that located the boys' home, and dates from the 1880s.
Sources used to compile this entry: 'The Churches', The Sydney Morning Herald, 4 April 1936, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17323574; Hanson, Dallas, Why are they in children's homes: report of the ACOSS children's home intake survey, Australian Department of Social Services: Australian Council of Social Services, Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra, 1979, 83 pp; 'Historic Buildings', in Holroyd City Council, Holroyd City Council, http://web.archive.org/web/20130430024705/http://www.holroyd.nsw.gov.au/your-city/city/history/historicbuildings/; Personal communication between State-Based Historian and Margaret Fallon, Heritage Architect, 14 November 2012. Correspondence with Fresh Hope Ministries, about the records they hold and contact details, are held in the eScholarship Research Centre project files. September 2019.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 20 November 2012, Last modified: 30 September 2019