Tress-Manning Home, at Carlingford, was established in 1920 by the Church of England Homes Committee. It was boys' home, and closed around 1970.
Tress-Manning was named after the Reverend TB Tress and the Reverend Dr Manning, who set up Church of England Children's Homes in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney in the 1880s, beginning with a home in Woolloomooloo.
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Home that is away from home?', 2011, http://nma.gov.au/blogs/inside/2011/02/02/home-that-is-away-from-home/; Annual Report, Church of England Homes, c1908-1984.
Prepared by: Naomi Parry
Created: 30 April 2013, Last modified: 28 November 2014