The Glenties Mothers' Hospital, in Rockhampton, was run by the Salvation Army. Until 1924, it had been known as the Glenties Rescue Home. It provided care for babies awaiting adoption, and young girls who were pregnant, destitute or homeless. It also functioned as a private maternity hospital for married women. In 1938, it was renamed Bethesda Mothers' Hospital.
1902 - 1924 Glenties Rescue Home
1924 - 1938 Glenties Mothers' Hospital
1938 - 1968 Bethesda Mothers' Hospital
1968 - 1970 Bethesda Hospital and Hostel
1970 - 1976 Bethesda Hostel
1976 - 1977 Bethesda Hostel and Childrens' Home
1977 - 1979 Bethesda Childrens' Home
Sources used to compile this entry: 'Salvation Army: Official Opening of Mothers' Hospital', The Morning Bulletin, 2 July 1938, p. 9, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article55980497.
Prepared by: Lee Butterworth
Created: 12 April 2014, Last modified: 18 April 2019