Some people may find content on this website distressing. Read more
Victoria - Glossary Term

Care Leavers

Alternative Names
  • 'Homies' (Slang)
  • 'Wardies' (Slang)

'Care leavers' is one term commonly used in Australia to describe people who experienced out-of-home 'care' as children. The term generally refers to non-indigenous people.

Related Glossary Terms

Related Organisations

Prepared by: Rachel Tropea