• Organisation

St George's Orphanage, Rockhampton


The St George’s Orphanage, Rockhampton, was run by a Management Committee. It opened in 1917 and closed in 1922 when the children were moved to new premises at Parkhurst. The new complex was called St George’s Homes.

St George’s Orphanage was licensed under the State Children Act 1911 on 26 October 1917.

Mary Brookes-Ball was appointed Superintendent of St Georges Orphanage, Rockhampton, in October 1917.

The Homes (including the Group Homes) were governed by a Management Committee from 1917 until 1982 – most of the minutes of this committee still exist, as well as Synod Reports and Church Gazette articles. These are all kept in the Diocesan Registry.

  • From

    26 October 1917

  • To

    17 November 1922


  • 1917 - 1922

    St George's Orphanage was situated at Beserker Street, Rockhampton., Queensland (Building Unknown)

Contact Find & Connect

Save page