The Industrial School, at Yarrabah Mission Station, was operated by the Anglican Church. In 1900, the Yarrabah Mission was declared an industrial school, and it received 'neglected children' from around Queensland from this date. The closing date of the Industrial School is not known. The Queensland government assumed control of Yarrabah Mission in 1960.
The Industrial School was licensed under the State Children Act 1911 on 2 April 1914.
According to the Missing Pieces publication (2001), no records in relation to this Industrial School have been located.
Sources used to compile this entry: Department of Families, Missing pieces: information to assist former residents of children's institutions to access records, State of Queensland, 2001. p.56.; Our History and Future, Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council, https://www.yarrabah.qld.gov.au/our-history-and-future/.
Prepared by: Rosemary Francis
Created: 14 June 2011, Last modified: 19 October 2018